Wednesday, September 9, 2009

DC Designer Series: Margaret Carter

I'm very happy to feature Margaret Carter of Margaret Carter Interiors as the 10th designer in my DC Designer Series. I came across her work after she was featured in a recent Washington Post's House Calls, where she designed a very hip and colorful tv room/home office in a problematic loft alcove. (Click here to see the design)
When I looked at Margaret's portfolio I was very impressed with the range of her design work. For me the diversity in the designs means she's a designer who really uncovers her client's style and aspirations for their home. Above are two dining rooms, both clean lined and warm, but unique in their own ways. Love, love the striped chairs in the first photo and the use of the sofa in the window alcove in the second.
Margaret was a designer in Telluride Co for a number of years before relocating her design firm to the DC area 1 1/2 years ago. Here's a very quiet and beautiful room in neutrals.

More stripes - love the two chairs with ottomans. The scale of the architecture in this room is quite large but the furnishings bring it back down to a human scale - inviting & contemporary at the same time.


Love the use of the large sconce above this bed - beautiful.


I could see the picture above on the cover of a kitchen design magazine.


Very elegant. Really like how the double sinks in the bath below are separated by a lower counter.

A bit of fun. Not sure where this home is located but this mod take on the cherry blossom motif fits right in with DC.
For a look at more of Margaret's extensive portfolio, click here. Thank you Margaret! (images posted with permission)

17 comments:

The Consummate Hostess said...

How utterly fabulous are those black and white chairs? Love them!

ana said...

I love the third picture and the last one!!!

Elise said...

Hi, lovely post ! I really like your blog, thank you so much for sharing it ! Best wishes and lovely to meet you

Jeannine said...

I love it when new inspiration pictures pop up! These are just beautiful!

BTW, I also got the same comment from "Elise" today. Word for word.

Linda/"Mom" said...

* Terriffically unique DR chairs in the first pic, and the LAST PIC outside by the fire "LIGHTS MINE"!!! DIVINE!!!

Thanks,
Linda in AZ *

Greet said...

A very beautiful and inspiring post !!!
I love your blog!

Greet

Yansy said...

Her work is fantastic! Thanks for sharing it with us. I can't wait to see what you've been up to.

Things That Inspire said...

I love your designer series! Margaret Carter has a great eye. Great work, and great post!

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

Love her use of grey walls.

Unique Unique Design said...

I especially love the chairs in that 1st photo. Wow!
Thanks for sharing,
marcie

Porchlight Interiors said...

Love this style! Thanks for sharing! Tracey xx

Scott Fazzini said...

She seems to have a moderne wing chair fetish -I love it! I also dig the awesome 400 arm (rough estimate) sconce above the bed. Thanks for highlighting yet another DC designer!

Lauren said...

so many beautiful rooms!!!! love her cleam yet warm designs!!!!

viera said...

thanks for introduction
XX
V

Semigloss Chic said...

Wow..those striped dining chairs are amazing! If those were in my dining room I would never leave the dinner table.

Jennifer Ramos said...

I like the chunky BLACK & WHITE chairs for the dining table...that style has always appealed to me!
Jen Ramos
www.madebygirl.com <
madebygirl.blogspot.com

eilybur said...

I love the bathroom pictures... very elegant.. wish to have a bathroom as beautiful as that...

manila homes for sale

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails