Thursday, March 7, 2013

Small Changes at My House



So, what do I decide to do in the midst of finishing painting my dining room Farrow & Ball Calke Green?  I go back to the guest bedroom I started before the dining room....yes, Interior Design ADD.  For some quick art I framed this hand marbled paper from Paper Mojo (that I've had laying around for 2+ years) in Ikea frames.  I rather like how it turned out, adds a bit freshness to the space.  (I can see though those vents need to be painted out.)


Came across this other Ikea frame and realized the depth would work for the intaglios I have.  The second frame was found at a thrift store for $2 and it got the intaglio treatment too.  The candlestick lamp was another find for $3.75.


The side-of-the-road chair covered in a Pierre Frey sample was brought in to this room.


Now, back to the dining room/library.  I finished painting the back of the shelving which was almost as time consuming as the room.  What's all that blue painters tape for?  Well, this time I remembered to # the shelves as it was built on site by a carpenter and they each fit best in their original slots. Shelves still need to be styled a bit - and that mess of phones need to be taken care of too!

Planning to photograph the finished room this weekend.  What do you have planned - any small changes around your house?

12 comments:

TSL said...

Looking good and the look feels good! But truly it is the small measures that make the world of difference. As well I love the mention of ADD because I think all the electronic waves mess with our brains... how can they not?

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Don't we all have decorating ADD? There is something so satisfying about taking a thing like a "side of the road chair" and fabric sample and turning it into a lovely addition to you room. Well done.

Connie in Hartwood said...

Winter is the perfect time for a bit of decorating ADD. We're stuck inside, and there's little to do besides fluffing our spaces. Kudos for finishing and using your papers and frames!

Been ADD-ing myself around here. Yesterday, I continued my excavation of the sewing room, put a coat of paint on our new-to-us master bathroom vanity, and knitted a dishcloth. It feels good to move some projects toward completion ... but I'm most excited about the dishcloth. :)

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

oohhh looking good! i love that color behind the bookshelves!!

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

I like the paper you framed...very pretty. And it's really amazing what a statement it makes painting the backs of bookshelves. I love how that looks.

A Perfect Gray said...

the marbled paper in the white frames really make the space, michelle. you have such a good eye. donna

See Emily Shop said...

What a great desk!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Michele-
You have been a busy bee lately. ]Love what you have done.
Can't wait to see the finished dining room.
Happy Thursday.
Teresa
xoxo

therelishedroost said...

That is really fun! I love the paint color!
xo Karolyn

Deana Sidney said...

I love the paper in the frame... reminds me of ancient books and has such a dreamy floating quality ... looks like a million too!!

The Pink Pagoda said...

That marbled paper is beautiful. And I'm always happy to see others mentioning their ADD : )

Unknown said...

Yep, designer ADD over here, too. Once I do a little tweak to one room, Im jumping over to another. That's why I like to ORC challenge, it forces me to finish a room. Have a great weekend. Love your green in the DR.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails