Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thank you Washingtonian magazine & a great furniture find

Thank you to Emily Leaman of Washingtonian magazine for featuring my blog this week on Blogger Beat. It was great fun! Emily asked me some interesting questions and you can check out my answers here.

My favorite question was "What are three landlord friendly ways to decorate an apartment?" I gave my suggestions but the question brought back some memories & some "don'ts" when you're renting - back in 1987 in our Cambridge, MA rental apartment my husband and I sanded and refinished the floors and tiled the kitchen backsplash! Let's just say landlords don't always appreciate "improvements"
In the interview I also mentioned Random Harvest as one of my favorite local design stores. Interestingly enough today I ran across this Craigslist ad for a Random Harvest settee for $625. The ad notes it was purchased for $1,100.
I've seen this settee in the store and it's a very nice piece.

13 comments:

Renée Finberg said...

i was over at Stefan's & read his post!!
i read the article as well. CONGRATULATIONS are in order.

u r the best my dear!
when i grow up....i want to be you.

xx

Topsy Turvy said...

Congrats, Michelle - great interview!

–Lana

Linda Merrill said...

Wonderful interview - and photo! Congrats!

ana said...

Hey that's nice! great interview
congratulations you have a beutiful blog.

Anonymous said...

That was a great Washingtonian. AND...congratulations on your nod in the Washington Post! You have a great blog and keep it coming!

Fiona Cartolina said...

Congratulations Michele - you deserve it!

Kellogg Collection said...

You just have to STOP getting famous!! Cheers, Homer

Marnie said...

i enjoyed reading your interview - and seeing your pic - nice to put a face with words - i agree with you on those icky 70's colors and estate sales - great finds -

Kwana said...

Big congrats! Wonderful.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Just read the article. Loved it and lots of good advice in it! Congrats on the Washington Post mention and have a great weekend!

Catherine said...

Enjoyed reading your interview and putting a face to your blog - read it all the time!

Regina at Fauxology said...

Congratulations -- MUCH deserved spotlight and a great interview to boot!

London Calling said...

Congradulations on the interview. A little late to the party but I wanted to tell you. Your blog just keeps getting better and better. Smiles,LC

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails