Friday, January 4, 2008

Love the pattern in this screen

(D Home Mar/Apr 2007, photography Danny Piassick, designer Betty Sewell)

This architectural element is a stunning addition to this simple and open hallway. It is raised on brackets to give it depth and the color relates so well to the other elements in the room. Makes me yearn for a wide, uncluttered space in my home. It also reminded me of our doormat which I purchased many years ago from the now defunct Martha Stewart Living catalog. When the catalog was closing, I bought one more on sale and later on regretted not buying a few more. They said the pattern was based on a sea cucumber - I'll have to research if it's known by another name.


1 comment:

Things That Inspire said...

WOW - this is a beautiful pattern. I am always so attracted to beautiful architectural designs. Did you ever get the chance to see whether it is based on a sea cucumber?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails