Monday, January 14, 2008

Tonic Living Fabric - To the Rescue!

duvet cover in escape watermelon - my daughter and I both love this fabricescape watermelon

bird seed pink
water light blue
vienna damask

It was the Fall of 2006 and I had just finished sewing a duvet cover out of a fairly expensive fabric when my daughter turned to me and said, "I don't think I like it anymore." After the initial ugghh! my husband gave me a knowing look and said, "Sounds like somebody takes after you." I had to admit it - like mother like daughter. How many times had I bought fabric, procrastinated, and then with the passage of time, realized it just wasn't "me" anymore. Too many times that I'd care to admit in writing. (My husband does check this site) Well, keeping budget in mind I vowed to help her find a hip fabric that was reasonably priced. We were thrilled when we discovered Escape Watermelon at Tonic Living for $5.95 Canadian, per repeat. Tonic Living is a family-owned online vendor based in Toronto Canada. They offer a wonderful range of fresh, retro inspired fabrics and ribbons at very reasonable prices. Also available are futon covers and pillows and they're proud to note that all their sewn products are manufactured in Canada. In preparing for this post I also noticed that the word is out and Tonic Living has been featured on Apartment Therapy, Design Sponge and in The Washington Post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you happen to know where I can purchase the Bird Seed Pink fabric that you show on your site?

My Notting Hill said...

Jennifer - Hi. The fabric is from TonicLiving.com - I'm not sure they still carry this one but they have other bird prints. Hope this helps. Michele

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails