Sunday, July 27, 2008

House Crush

I have a house crush on Chris and Eric Fenmore's ranch in Corona del Mar California, recently featured in Better Homes and Gardens, July 2008. Maybe I'm partial to ranches because I live in one but it's great to see how the 1950's feel washes away when walls are removed and rooms are opened up and connected to the outdoors. Plus, I have a soft spot for dutch doors - notice their yellow one above. As it happens, the Fenmores are landscape designers and owners of Front Porch Creations. (these photos are from The Orange County Register, photography by Paul Rodriquez. Click here to see more of the photo slide show.)


10 comments:

Linda Lou said...

saw the same house one day perusing BH&G at the library-GORGEOUS!! I have so many house crushes and obsessions-its time for a visit to the house shrink!! Love your blog.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Love that kitchen!! And that yellow door!

pve design said...

Funny, how we can find room in our hearts to make way for more to love! Especially a house that has such a great fresh vibe! Love to cook in that kitchen.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Well, well, well. I think I have a crush too! Lovely, and I want my pillows plumped/plunked just like those LR ones!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I want that kitchen! My NYC house is so teeny tiny.

K said...

Love the yellow matted frames against the brown wall. Instant crush.

Michelle said...

oooooooooh I could live here !!!

Anonymous said...

I'm crazy about the front porch. The colors look amazing. The bedroom is great too, very cozy.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

wow -that house is perfection! I especially love that yellow entry door with all the brown walls - yummy!

Mélanie said...

I have a crush , too !!!
It has been a long time since I've passed by your blog !!!
I'm happy I've done it today

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails