Saturday, November 8, 2008

Shore Haus & a chance meeting with another blogger

The blogging world is small. Why do I say that? Well, I went to Shore Haus because of a post on Hello Gorgeous and guess who I happened to meet there - Hello Gorgeous! Just after I asked one of the owners, John Raines, if I could take pictures he said, "There's another blogger here..." It was fun to meet you!
(The first pic is of the interior of an outdoor cottage on the store's property. Stunning.)

Shore Haus is a terrific store full of serious eye candy and interior design inspiration at every turn. Happily for me it wasn't that far from the Punkin Chunkin event of last weekend.


This pic was taken in their upstairs level. Love the black floors and the metal ball.


My camera doesn't do justice to the finish on this wall. It has a lot of depth to it. The large art pieces add to the drama in the room.







These were terrific display units that were very reasonably priced. ( I can't remember the exact price but can remember thinking it was quite good.)


If you're in the Rehoboth DE area, Shore Haus is absolutely worth the stop. And, thank you to Chris for being so kind and helping me with directions to Easton, MD. I got there without a hitch.

19 comments:

hello gorgeous said...

I just posted a little post with a link back to you on this.

Your pictures look great! What kind of camera do you have if you don't mind my asking?

It was great meeting you.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

What a cool looking store! And how great is that to meet a fellow blogger in such a cool place?

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Wonderful looking store. What were the Tony Duquette pieces? Candles? I couldn't tell and am intrigued.

Ivy Lane said...

What a great store! how fun that you ran into each other :)

Velvet and Linen said...

Fantastic displays.
Love that bird cage. So unusual.
I'll definitely check is out next time I'm there.
Thank you for the introduction.
xo
Brooke

Renée Finberg said...

i am crazy for the big bird cage wire on the island.
nice .

Eco Aussie said...

The birdcage is amazing, awesome perch! Really nice pictures and features.

My Notting Hill said...

Hello Gorgeous - Thanks! I left a comment w/my camera info on oyou rblog. It's a Panasonic Lumix vario.

Pamela Terry & Edward - Yes, they're candles.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Annie, bossy color said...

I LOVE that Octopus print! The others are great, too - we need to remember prints when we need to cover a lot of wall - it can be a lot of bang for the buck.

Re: cameras, if this is helpful. The best, cheapest WIDE ANGLE camera I've found is Kodak's V570. i've had it for a few years, and it's great (and small). I've been thinking I just need to bite the bullet and get a wide angle lens for my Canon Rebel b/c the pic. quality is better, but the damn thing is so bulky. In any event, hope this helps.

Kellogg Collection said...

Great looking store. check out Jeff West Home in Rehobeth.When are you going to meet Homer?? ;)That's a nice store too.

Christina said...

My family has a beach house right near Rehobeth and for as much as we go into town to shop.. I've never even been in that store! Thank you for opening my eyes to a great store!!

Pigtown*Design said...

damn... i may need to drive down one weekend and check them out. it's pretty simple to get to easton from there, isn't it!

cotedetexas said...

omg omg omg - this is so gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hyperventilating!!!!

I never have even been to Delaware! Where is it? hah!!!!


and Laine is SO fat and SO loveable. the apple of the family. we are besotted.
Joni

Topsy Turvy said...

Wow - I love it! I think I need to turn right around and head back up that way again.

-Lana

Hill Country House Girl said...

What a fun post! I am in a small town and on a few occasions when I have asked to shoot photos of a store, some of the people asked me "Now exactly what is a blog?"!!

I think your photos are great! Makes me want to go there. Thanks!

Kwana said...

It does look worth the visit. Such amazing things and what a funny meeting.

vicki archer said...

what a beautiful shop - too much temptation, i would think. xv

simply seleta said...

Jaw-dropping, heart palpitating, eye-popping gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Michelle..Thanks for the post...I started a blog of my own..not as easy as it looks..LOL.Shore Haus John

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails