Monday, October 19, 2009

Barry Dixon & a bit more

I know, I have been a bit fixated on the CharityWorks GreenHouse but wanted to show you just a little more eye candy from this great showhouse. Barry Dixon designed the kitchen and living room with its soaring ceilings. A mesh, metal screen separates the two spaces without blocking visual flow. Many of the furnishings in this beautiful room are from Barry's own furniture line, Tomlinson/Erwin-Lambeth. French doors open to a terrace and saltwater lap pool. Built-in shelving that flanks both entrances to the room are covered in striped wallpaper.
Gary Lovejoy created a very restful and sophisticated library with fabrics that appeared soft and warm. (I followed the rules and didn't touch them!) Adore the vintage mantelpiece with its mantel left unadorned.

Michael Roberson designed a beautiful master bedroom in soft grays and blues. One of my favorite touches was the two double stripes painted on the walls near the ceiling. I thought it was a very creative and cost effective way to add a level of architectural interest to the room.
The CharityWorks GreenHouse is open through October 30th. If you live in the DC area, hopefully you'll have a chance to visit.

11 comments:

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Love those leather armchairs around the table. Honestly -he's just such a wonderful designer, is there anything he can't do?

My Notting Hill said...

Stefan - Agree - those leather armchairs are gorgeous.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Love that Barry Dixon room. Wonderful colour...sort of pea soup meets chartreuse? Beautiful.

Greet Lefèvre said...

Well I love this a lot! I filed the picture of the library room! Beautiful! And the leather chairs and armchairs are gorgeous.
If I should live in the area, I was one of their visitors!

Greet

Haven on Hanover said...

So much talent in one place. I can't stand it!!! I still haven't gotten there - thanks for another posting on it - I can't get enough!!
Linda

Rebecca Foley said...

Thank you so much for posting on the CharityWorks GreenHouse! I have been a long time reader of your blog. It was SO MUCH fun working on it - we're so honored that you've devoted so many posts to it!

Custom Design Concepts - The Family Vestibule

Lauren said...

Oh I can't wait to go!!! (Next week!! :) I tried not too look too closely but will come back to read once I've seen it all!
xoxo

Beau Papier said...

Oh my - the yellow daybed/settee/ottoman piece has my heart going pitter-patter!

Lisa Porter said...

I must say that is the creamy custard yellow that I adore. The leather on the chairs in the kitchen & that daybed is the perfect color. It definitely makes a statement but is calm & reserved. Oh how I wish I could go "touch"! Congratulations to Charity Works Greenhouse on a beautiful place.
Beautiful post...
Always good to visit with you on the hill! Lisa

J.Covington said...

Loved the srtiped wallpaper shelves - so funky/cool and the mantle is awesome.

LindsB said...

Wow, what a beautiful place. I just love seeing old buildings transformed while still keeping the general design, very pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails