Thursday, October 8, 2009

Michael S. Smith at the Corcoran Oct. 27th

Anne Hardock of Dwellings by Design just alerted me to this news - Michael S. Smith will be at the Corcoran October 27th at 7 pm. Click HERE to reach the link for purchasing tickets. The following is the description from the Corcoran's web site.

"Michael Smith, one of the interior design industry’s most respected talents, has won many prestigious awards including Architectural Digest’s 100 Top Designers and Elle Décor’s Designer of the Year in 2003. Known for his luxurious style and celebrity clientele, Smith’s latest high-profile project will take place right here in the heart of DC—at the White House. Smith’s new clients, the Obamas, selected him to redesign the living quarters in their new residence. On this evening of stunning design, Smith discusses his favorite projects and creative inspirations."

(Image above from Michael S. Smith Inc.)

7 comments:

cotedetexas said...

I wish i could go see Michael!

unreal about your husband - what an honor. I take it you weren't there?!! I want to go see it as an adult so badly - haven't been sinch I was child and LBJ was president!!!!

Visual Vamp said...

If you go, please ask him when we can see what he's been doing for the Obamas.
Thanks!
xo xo

Kellogg Collection said...

Don't think we'll hear much about the White House. Just an inside the beltway knowledge factor don't ya think. Cheer's Homer. I still might go though. Hey...you should invite him to dinner!!!! Yea another party!

Windlost said...

I would love to see him. He is my longest running favorite designer (I switch every week haha). His homes are so exquisitely appointed but don't have that "done" or matchy match look. He is the cat's pyjamas in my book, even if he does charge $16,000 (or was it 60?) for a wastebasket. ; )

xo Terri

Greet Lefèvre said...

Oh I wish I could be there! Not so long ago I was overreading a few of my old magazines AD and The World of Interiors and saw a few articles of him! Beautiful! I hope we will see what he did for the Obamas!

Greet

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I'll be there :-) Bought my tickets awhile ago, hurry up and buy yours before it sells out and remember to get there early for good seats!

AnneHH said...

Congrats to Dan! I loved his photos and so appreciate you sharing them with us. The Yorktown High students sure are lucky to have Dan teaching them physics!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails