Friday, November 6, 2009

Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Book Signing

Last night there was a fun event at DC's Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams - a book signing for their new book, The Comfortable Home. Here's the talented Leah Moss of Apartment Therapy having her book signed. Standing between Beth of Chinoiserie Chic and Stefan of Architect Design is co-author Mindy Drucker. It was great to meet her! Mindy had been quite thoughtful to make sure local bloggers were included on the invite list.
Here's Leah with her sister Nicole. Nicole's coat was the hit of the night - a vintage 70's piece from Ireland.
The store did a great job with the event - the red velvet and lemon bundt cakes (for those of us who tried both) were delicious.
Here's color guru Annie of Bossy Color. Annie has the best dresses - love this black and green one.
I'm really looking forward to reading this book cover to cover. A quick look at it last night revealed alot of practial tips and how-to instructions, along with inspiring pictures. One section of the book focused on gallery-style montages. The pic below is a gallery wall from the DC store.

One of my favorite pieces in the store is the Lillian Console in white lacquer. With a depth of 14", it would be a great solution for a small space.
Vintage bottles; love the dark green one. This weekend I'm taking my daughter to Williamsburg for a ballet weekend and am very excited that we will be stopping in Richmond to visit Linda of Haven on Hanover. Have a great weekend!

21 comments:

Southern Aspirations said...

what a fabulous event! Must check to see if they'll be doing a signing near me.

Thanks for the writeup!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Fun! I went to a book signing of theirs a couple years ago in Portland, for their previous book. Sadly the store no longer exists...quite the loss for local resources in my area!
Janell

Chic Coles said...

Have a wonderful weekend with your daughter and all the ballet fun. Thank you for all the wonderful images of the Mitchell Gold Bob Williams book signing event. Will be on the look out for the book.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the pics. Looks like a fabulous event. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your wonderful post, Michele. Great to meet you! Two quick notes: JANELL-Happy to report MGBW Portland will reopen as a company-owned store (was previously a licensed store) like our DC shop about Feb 1--will invite u to the opening! SOUTHERN ASPIRATIONS: Mitchell + Bob will be at their Atlanta store Tues Nov 17--will send u evite to that!
Mindy

Chemin des Muguets said...

Thanks for the heads-up about this new book, and these designers. I admit to not knowing their work. I must have been living on another planet, not another continent. I need to get this book and catch up. Lucky you being epi-centre of so many events.

Marjorie

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Looks like so much fun, and I can see why that Irish coat was the hit of the evening.

This is a book I shall definitely check out. The Comfortable Home is a great title!

Beth Connolly said...

It was great seeing you last night. It was a really fun evening. Have a lovely weekend. Beth

ArchitectDesign™ said...

The lemon cake was just YUMMY and the red velvet wasn't so bad either (yes I had one of each!).

pve design said...

I love that gallery on the wall....will that inspire your wall? Great to see the faces behind the blogs!
Looks like a wonderful event!
pve

P.Gaye Tapp at Little Augury said...

Looks like a fun gathering, pretty collection too. la

Annie, bossy color said...

Great write-up, Michele - you always do the best party de-briefs! (And thank you, of course, for the mention :) ) It was so great to see you, Stefan, Leah...the design blog crew! Hope to see you soon.

Windlost said...

Oh, looks fun. Wish i were there!
You look great!

P.S. I would have tried both cakes too. Man, I need t go on a diet. : 0

Slices of Beauty... said...

Lovely, will check out the book, thank you.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ok...is it wrong of me to be looking at those cakes and not reading your words?

Yes? oh.

Ok then...

Wow...how cool! Looks like a wonderful event (and ever so lovely cake...)

I'm going to try to get to the Boca signing in FL!

Yep.

Lauren said...

Looks like such a fun night!! Lots of great people & I would love to have met Leah Moss!!

Once I have this baby I promise I'll be at events!! :)

xoxo

Jeannine | The Small and Chic Home said...

I heard they were coming here to do a signing, but I don't think that's still going to happen. I'll live vicariously through your photos!

Hill Country House Girl said...

Looks like fun! I love Mitchell - Gold. They have done such an amazing job of merchandising their contemporary style with their reproductions of favorite antique pieces. It is fun to put faces with names - thanks for sharing, Michele.

Leah said...

I hope you had a fabulous weekend with your daughter! It was great to see you, hope it won't be long until next time!

Miriam Dillon said...

It was nice to meet you Michele! Thanks for posting images from the event.

Michelle said...

That looks like so much fun!! To get together with other bloggers...and MGold..I love them! I like their bench with the arms, and think I may get it for the foot of my bed.

You look gorgeous darling!!

Best,
Michelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails