Monday, November 2, 2009

My Entry Way - from Green to Gray

A while ago I posted about my living room color change - from yellow/green to a blue gray. Well, this meant the entry bureau had to change too. It's now painted Farrow & Ball's Pavilion Gray with a narrow trim painted around the edges for contrast in F&B's Pigeon. With the change in weather it felt a bit cool so I added this ribbon. The gold dish is from Pear Tree Cottage in Vienna, VA. I rather like it empty although it's often full of sunglasses, keys and other stuff. Here is my entry way from a post last December 2008. In all honesty, I don't think I ever really liked it green.
It's really hard to get a photo since the entry way is fairly shallow, only 78" from the front door to the wall. There used to be a claustraphobic closet where the bureau is now. For this picture, I'm pushed to the very edge of the outside entry. Off to the right you can see the beginnings of a gallery wall, currently stalled and w/crooked pictures!
What's in this lovely pink package? The incredible book, The Private World of Yves Saint Laurent & Pierre Berge, that I was very fortunate to win from Little Augury. She has impeccable taste as evidenced by this book choice for a giveaway - it is a visual feast. Thank you!!
(Photography in this book is by Ivan Terestchenko)

20 comments:

Red Door Home said...

The new color looks terrific. The ribbon is a nice touch - a great idea especially with the holiday season fast approaching.

Mason said...

I love both! But the gray is much more my style....nicely done! :)

Susan @ www.peanutpetunia.blogspot.com

Boxwood Terrace said...

I really like the gray and the bureau looks like a completely different piece of furniture--love the hardware too! Your entry way looks fantastic.

Deborah

Chic Coles said...

I love the grey! The whole entry way looks so nice and sophisticated.

maría cecilia said...

Hello, I love your entry way both ways... but oh, I think green ís better for me... but of course you get tired of it. Nice change though.
Cariños
María Cecilia

Visual Vamp said...

It was pretty before, and it's mo' pretty now.
xo xo

pve design said...

Loved the green, and now love this grown up calm gray- what about a marble top? My eye tells me that your mirror needs a coat of gray too- one thing always leads to another. Your wall will surely be a fabulous collection.
I will send you some "gray matter" to add to your collection. (love your blue door)
Silver Fox en route!
pve

Greet Lefèvre said...

You did a nice job! Congrats!

Greet

Viera said...

Grey is so stylish and elegant.

Jeannine | The Small and Chic Home said...

I think it looks lovely! What a great vignette!

CRICKET said...

I just never get over what a change of color can do to a space. FAntastic!

Haven on Hanover said...

I personally can't get enough gray! Great job!!

Lauren said...

love it michele! i think the gray is so much more 'you!'

xoxo,
lauren

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Love the grey. Serene and elegant.

Thomas said...

I love the updated look. Excellent! :)

paula said...

love the gray. what a perfect shade, so calming.

Porchlight Interiors said...

Looks so much calmer now...love that accessories you have used! The pineapple is adorable! Tracey xx

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Love the new paint color! It's such a soothing entry now! Great job :)

Yansy said...

I love, love what you've done. The new color looks amazing. You're so talented. Sorry I've been MIA for the last couple of weeks.

Annie, bossy color said...

I love the change, Michelle! Change is good, as they say :) And I think the grey makes the piece a little more contemporary without losing the antiquey effect. Nice job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails