Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thank you Washingtonian!


Thank you Washingtonian for featuring Annie Elliott of Bossy Color Blog and myself in the Turkey Day Decorating Tips feature!
Annie and I gave some tips for decorating on the cheap. One of my suggestions was to use a canvas drop cloth for a tablecloth. But now that Christmas is coming, I can think of a second use - a Christmas tree skirt that you can let your kids draw on with fabric markers. Each year they can add to their art work so you'll end up with a homemade tree skirt that marks the passing years with their drawings. I wish I had thought of that 15 years ago...


EZ Permanent Fabric Markers

5 comments:

Karena said...

Great idea, I love it. even getting signatures from guests and relatives on the cloth in different colored paints or markers would be a wonderful memory piece.

bluehydrangea said...

Love this idea!!! Can't wait to get me drop cloth!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I love this idea. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to suggest it to my daughter. I think the grandson will love making one for his little tree. hugs ~lynne~

Amie Adams said...

Brilliant! Heading to Joanne's tonight.

Annie, bossy color said...

I love this idea, Michelle! The kids are going to love it, too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails