Friday, April 2, 2010

Press Day at the DC Design House

It's official, all memories of the National Symphony Orchestra showhouse are in the distant past, the DC Design House is THE showhouse for Washington. There's a great mix of established, well known designers with new, emerging designers whom I imagine will remember this showhouse as a big turning point in their careers.

Thank you to the organizers of the showhouse who welcomed bloggers to Press Day - I have some great images to show, the first post will be up Monday. (The duties of my day job took precedence over blogging last night!) But here are a few previews. The living room above was created by the masterful designer, Frank Babb Randolph. No web site - but I guess when you create such classic, interesting rooms word of mouth suffices. Loved everything about the living room!
The Butler's Pantry/Kitchen was designed by Rosi Kallivokas of Clive Christian Washington. To say it a high-end kitchen is an understatement, the craftmanship is incredible. However, it has a really comfortable vibe and is full of great design details that can be adapted at other price points. Besides it was fun drooling over it!
Farrow & Ball put on a wonderful luncheon spread and June B Sweet Cafe served the most delicious array of sweets. They were incredible!! The showhouse is open from April 10 - May 9 and benefits the Children's National Medical Center.

10 comments:

Red Door Home said...

So beautiful. I absolutely love the kitchen.

Visual Vamp said...

Congratulations on becoming a member of the bloggy press!
Looks like a great show house with lots of good ideas.
xo xo

Anonymous said...

I love the kitchen. I love use of different wood in the cabinetry. It looks stunning. Thanks for sharing & have a wonderful Easter! ~Debby

Leah Moss said...

It was so good to see you!
This was a great design house, and I had the hardest time narrowing down my photos (all 200 of them!) for my Apartment Therapy post.

I'm glad that you got a picture of those incredible beautiful and delicious desserts!!!I was too busy eating them :) but I was just describing them to my girls, and now I have a picture to share.

Have a lovely Eater weekend!!!

Teacats said...

OH! It looks so very lovely! Hope that someone somewhere on the blogosphere will be able to post LOTS of photos! :) I wonder if this one will be published in a national decor magazine? Hmmmmm......


Thanks for the very pretty photos!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

Unknown said...

Wow! I can not wait to see more, its gorgeous!

pve design said...

drool factor keeps me coming back. now some might say eww at the word drool, not me.
will be back monday-
happy easter-
pve

MB said...

Wow, the kitchen is so beautiful! The only thing I was wondering...the cabinet knobs look quite high, what do you think? Not that I wouldn't take that lovely kitchen in a heartbeat:)

Porchlight Interiors said...

Gorgeous rooms, the first one is my favourite with that gorgeous convex mirror! Happy Easter! Tracey xx

蔥爆牛肉Frank said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails