Glancing through the last Washingtpon Post House Calls I came across a terrific 70's bathroom redo. I love the arched tiled inset behind the sink, the black vanity and all the attention to detail, such as the sconces and library light above the artwork. Then I noticed this classic, elegant design was created by DC designer and blogger Scott Fazinni of Domicidal Maniac and I just had to post about it! Please excuse the quality of the image I've posted - go HERE for a crisp image of the rendering and to read all about Scott's design, along with links to the sources.
Scott's design advice for this bathroom includes:
• Replace the bulky built-in vanity with a lighter vanity on legs.
• A black-and-white color scheme will create the illusion of more space.
• Draw the eye to the window by painting the sash a darker color.
• Crown molding will make the space feel grander and more open.
• Large artwork will add visual interest to the long wall.
(image and design advice via Washington Post House Calls, 4/29/10)