Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rare Finds at Seattle's Red Ticking

Years ago I can remember reading in a number of magazines about the Seattle store Red Ticking and hoping someday I would have a chance to visit. That was before blogging and any aspirations I might have had of meeting the owner, Pam Robinson. Well, I recently had the pleasure of doing both those things and couldn't be more happy about it. Pam left a corporate career in fashion design to pursue her passion for vintage and rare European textiles and opened Red Ticking. Not only is it full of beautiful fabrics but also unique furniture pieces found on shopping ventures on the East coast. Love this settee in the purple gray fabric.
A life preserver with character! Pam mentioned these are hard to come by as of late.

The selection of vintage fabrics is vast. Pam finds these primarily in the south of France. The prices can range from $95 - $900+ depending on the size and rarity. Pam made an analogy between these textiles and works of art - which made a lot of sense to me. The number of these pieces is finite in supply and in some cases there are few pieces left.






At the end of my visit, Pam generously gave me one of these lavender sachets made by a friend of hers in France from a rare indigo dyed fabric. It's like having a little piece of history and I love it! I recently emailed Pam to let her know how handy it came in when we were stuck behind a dump truck in the tunnel out of Boston's Logan airport. Beautiful and practical - the best combination.
Pam's gorgeous home appeared in the April 07 issue of the much-missed Cottage Living. You can check out the complete spread here (Photography by Roger Davies)

*Update - I was just visiting Pam's blog and noticed she now has a presence on 1st Dibs!

23 comments:

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Love the chairs in her home! The shop is great! Hope I can get by there when I am in that area.
Teresa (Splendid Sass)

Anonymous said...

Red Ticking is a fabulous store. I am fortunate live just down the street from Pam's shop. I don't get in often enough, but I always take note of her splendid windows when driving by. Thanks for the incentive to take a minute to park and zip in!

Renée Finberg said...

omg
i wanna go!!!

xx

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Looks like a beautiful store with tons of unique finds...my kind of place!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous post!

pve design said...

So thrilled that you shared this lovely shop with us.
What great things....I hope to go there one day!
pve

Unknown said...

Michele - what a treat to see the store and meet Pam! I could get lost in there....so many beautiful things!!!
xo Elizabeth

Boxwood Terrace said...

So fun Michele that you get to visit these great stores in your travels. I would love to visit Red Ticking someday. The gilt mirrors are so beautiful. Pam is living my dream. It's always inspiring when I read that someone gave up her day job to do what she truly loves and is a success too.
Deborah

Unknown said...

wow - i cannot believe you can find such great things here, great stuff to be brought here,

Shannon Fricke said...

wonderful shots. thanks.

Andrea said...

Those Louis Phillipe mirrors are beauties!

Dovecote Decor said...

I visited her shop on 1st dibs yesterday. She has beautiful things.I loved how she converted a ranch house into a cottage. That is a challenge. The wood ceilings and the window wall are a lesson I will remember!

Leah said...

What a fabulous place!

A Perfect Gray said...

my stars. Pam's shop is divine. I only know her thru her blog; but even from there it is easy to tell that she is an absolute delight...

for the love of a house said...

She has a great eye! I remmeber that story when it came out... I didn't realize that was Red Ticking the blog! Fun!

Millie said...

She's a grand gal with a big heart & exquisite taste. It's a long flight from Sydney to Seattle (via San Fran), but one day I want to walk into red ticking & give that girl a big hug!
Millie ^_^

Lauren said...

i love pam!!! i saved that CL issue and look at it every so often & then when i found out she had a blog, was gaga!! she has such an amazing eye & style.

xoxo

M said...

So glad you got to see my hometown AND enjoy Pam's emporium at the same time. The Madison Park neighborhood it's located in is also one of the city's most atmospheric and pleasant, which you probably noticed quickly enough.
Love your blog, by the way, in case I've never mentioned it.
Best,
Michael

Red River Interiors,LLC said...

Wow! Next time I'm in Seattle I'll visit Pam's shop. Love the vintage fabrics and lamps.Fay

Mélanie A. said...

Thanks for the tour of her shop . Every detail is lovely

Unknown said...

Everything I see in this blog post, I love. Everything is so eclectic and different...definitely a way I would take my decorating creativity in my own home. I came across your post this afternoon while browsing interior design blogs and the topic of window treatment selection was very interesting to me. It is true that you must dress your windows appropriately to bring out their true beauty. Thank you for writing and as a special thanks to you and your readers, I would like to offer a 20% off coupon using this code upon checkout: BLG20.

Jennifer said...

I have always loved that spread in Cottage Living, and it has been so fun to now follow her blog!

red ticking said...

thank you so much for this lovely post... and to all of you for leaving such amazing comments... you are all so darling to me... we need to have a big party at red ticking one day!!! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails