Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Alexa Hampton: Talent & Personality!

Alexa Hampton is personality and talent all-in one. Funny, down-to-earth, genuine, and relaxed, here she is demonstrating how uber comfortable her sofa design for Hickory Chair is! I mean really, how fun is that! A huge thank you to Suzette Delay, Showroom Manager of Henredon, for hosting a tea and giving us a chance to meet Alexa in an informal setting and learn more about her work and approach to design and...have so much fun at the same time.
Alexa with some of my favorite DC Designers - Sally Steponkus, Laura Stifel and Heather Safferstone of Sally Steponkus Interiors.
Her furniture collection for Hickory Chair is impeccable. Above is the Susannah side table.
Love the Perlini mirror.
Chris Set of Four Trays - each tray can be moved to where needed.
Jennifer Sergent, Marketing Director of the Washington Design Center, enjoying the comfort of the Breck Chair.
I couldn't resist posting this pic of Suzette's personal collection of tea pots.
If you haven't had a chance to pick-up Alexa's book yet, definitely put it on your list. Here's just a few images of her designs to enjoy.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun day you must have had. I recently pick up the book and its really fabulous--so classic but with a nod to modern. I love the last bedroom image-so tranquil and chic! Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Lauren said...

have heard nothing but wonderful things about her!!! what a fun day!!
xoxo,
lauren

Pigtown*Design said...

I met her at a book signing in NYC a few weeks ago. I got to the party a little early, luggage in hand and she could not have been nicer. She was wearing seven inch heels, too!!!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Beautiful post, Michele. Her book is on my Christmas list, but I may get it early. Alexa is so talented.
The images you have posted are gorgeous.
Have a nice day.
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Love the Breck chair!

Boxwood Terrace said...

What a fun day! Thanks for the tip about Alexa Hampton's book. It's on my list.
Deborah

Laura Holland said...

Wish that I could have attended! Alexa is such a warm person and open to sharing her ideas, talent and personality with everyone! Her furniture collection by Hickory Chair is beautiful! http://www.hickorychair.com/see_furniture_designer.aspx?c=24

J.Covington said...

Great post - I didn't make that party at Henredon, but I did have the chance to visit with her in Hickory Chair's new HP digs and she is a mountain of personality and talent. Just delightful. And ditto the book - if you don't have it, get it.

Jenny Castle Design said...

Thanks for posting - I wasn't able to make the event, but looks like it was a fabulous time! Happy Thanksgiving!

kayce hughes said...

I am loving the faux bamboo table in one of her rooms.

Paul Fogg said...

This was a terrific event made that special by the way she shared her life with the audience. Thanks for capturing that day. This has become my new favorite book.

Unknown said...

I am so excited to meet or at least see Alexa in 2 weeks here in Westchester.

I keep hearing that she is so down to earth and fun - of course, we know she's super talented.

I'm sure this is a memory you'll cherish!
xo elizabeth

quintessence said...

So interesting that her work is so tailored and her personality so outgoing and buoyant! Love the book - actually wrote a review of it recently.

wheelchairs : Manish Steel Works said...

Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the tips on how to select Henredon sofa from Alexa Hampton's book.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails