Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Review - Ballard Designs Sonoma Bookcase

Our family room was in desperate need of a change in scale in the furnishings, as well as storage, so when I came across Ballard Designs Sonoma Bookcase on sale for $349 I decided to take a chance. Bottom line - I'm really happy with it. Since it's 7 ft tall and 42 inches wide, it has a nice presence in the room. (*the butcher block countertop overhang is going to be removed in the kitchen renovation.) In particular I like:
- the quality of the wood finish
- the X detail.
- 4 movable shelves. I decided to place mine unevenly so the X would show
- fairly easy to put together
- quite sturdy, although since it's 42" wide I wouldn't put a whole row of encylopedias across it
- shipped very quickly and the charge was only $21 dollars or so
- great value for $349

Here it is currenlty, although I'm sure when I get home from Seattle I'll tweek this a bit.

(*these opinions are mine and I receive no form of renumeration for them.)

19 comments:

pve design said...

Lovely! Enjoy your shelf and Seattle.
pve

Margaret said...

Just in time. I like it too.

My catalog arrived in the post this a.m.

Karena said...

Ooh I really like the style Michele. It looks great!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Carla@DesignintheWoods said...

Good to know. The width is great and I too love the X. Great price! You often wonder about the quality when you see a good deal.

Ideezine said...

Wow, this looks great in the room, right color, scale, and height. Your right great all the way around.

Bette

JPS23 said...

I have this bookcase and love it but I found it really tough to put together, Looks great, though!

http://www.astove.co.uk said...

lovely! i looks great!

Jennifer said...

I love it! A lot of look for the money.

Teresa at Splendid Sass said...

I am sold! Love it. I can't get over how perfect the sofa turned out. Just beautiful with the bookcase.
Have a great weekend, Michele.
Teresa
xoxo

Windlost said...

I love it. I saw another book case in this style in a magazine and was utterly smitten. Love!!! And that sofa fabric is insanely gorgeous. Your house looks so sophisticated....

xo Terri

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ooooh Likey likey! Love the chair (couch?) next to it too!

classic • casual • home said...

Looks fabulous...I think the price is great too.

charlesalvarez23 said...

Your shelf was fantastic and it looks fabulous. You did a good job. Thank you for sharing.




Philippines properties

Lisete Reis said...

it looks great! love small renovations! this wekeend i did a renovation like that at a friend's house! Check out!
Lisete Reis
www.white-glam.blogspot.com

Grant K. Gibson said...

Great looking and great styling!
Enjoy your new bookcase!

Grant

grantkgibson.com
grantkgibson.blogspot.com

AnneHH said...

Love your shelf styling!

Renée Finberg said...

i adore the sofa fab.
xx

for the love of a house said...

I think it is a great look! Not to mention a great price! So glad to hear you are pleased with it.

happy weekend!
joan

Nolan said...

Wow, a very suitable tile! However, it must fit the entire layout of the bathroom. If you do that, you would get a beautiful freestanding tub.
Nolan Anderson

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails