Monday, October 31, 2011

High Point: Layered Coffee Tables

You expect nesting side tables but at High Point I noticed layered coffee tables. These are from Dwell Studio. They offer visual interest with their varied height and extra surface area for both a tablescape and empty space for setting down wine glasses or plates - who doesn't need that during a party! (That's Christian of Maison 21 and Ashlina of the The Decorista reflected in the mirror. It was great fun to meet them.)
If you look closely you'll notice there are 3 tables (above).
These clean lined layered tables are from Drexel Heritage.

Although I didn't see these layered tables at the Oly Studio High Point showroom, they are featured in an ad in this month's Elle Decor.

I like the idea of layered coffee/cocktail tables - do you?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the Oly tables look the best here. They seem to have the prettiest proportion...very elegant. I do love the functionality of all of these.

Sami Pat said...

I passed on a link to this blog to my niece at Drexel who loved knowing they are being talked about in these quarters. You became the topic of a morning email. They are pleased that you like their product.

Renée Finberg said...

i do like them.
only the ones like
in the last image though.

Donghia has one that i have used several times.

come over
i am doing my first and probably last give away.
it is a nice piece.

xxx

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I really like the Oly table and had hoped to put something like that in my living room but I think I'll just go with two small side-by-side tables.
I have seen an ottoman doubling as the second "table" and sliding under the actual table.

A.J.Barnes said...

Loved the idea...looks like you had a good time...sorry I missed you there...

Unknown said...

Love the clean lines.....smiles

Unknown said...

Oly studio always does such beautiful things...great post dahhling!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I REALLY LIKE THIS. I HAVEN'T SEEN MUCH TABLE LAYERING, BUT I THINK THAT THEY LOOK GREAT IN A LIVING ROO. VERY FUNCTIONAL TOO.
TERESA
XOXO

ashlina {the decorista} said...

OMG LOVE this post and love myself in the background...hahhaha. silly me.
SO GLAD we could bond on this trip. thanks for joining our group for a fun day
xoxoo
ashlina
www.thedecorista.com

anieb said...

Nice postCoffee Tables

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails