Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sneak Peek - House Beautiful December

I'm very excited to share a sneak peek of The Next Wave feature in the upcoming December issue of House Beautiful. It features the gorgeous Georgetown apartment of Matthews Bees, a Washington based designer and owner of Niche Interiors.  Matthew refers to his look as Southern transitional and his space, bathed in a stunning deep green,  is a fresh mix of traditional elements with a dash of modern.


Family photos are mounted in floating frames, giving them prominence while allowing the green walls to keep center stage.  Love this!
Here's are just a few of Matthew's picks from The Next Wave feature.  Favorite lamp, Mary McDonald's Ondine and favorite coffee table, John Saladino's iconic three-legged table.

Now Accessory: CB2's Numi candlesticks.  

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it, and the way he framed the art is so cool! How gutsy to do that green, but how magnificent!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Michele-
This shop is gorgeous. I love the green, and the floating art is perfect. I floated a piece of art my daughter gave me.
Happy Wednesday.
Teresa
xoxo

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Right here in Georgetown? So chic! Love it and can't wait to see the issue.

Woodside Park said...

Really stunning! It's chic and current yet classical and traditional. Very excited to learn about Matthew Bees. Hope to meet him around town.
Cheers,
Loi

Karena said...

Unexpected color combinations and I love it! Mathew's lamp pick with the red shade, adore! Mathew has a great eye for design.

xoxo
Karena
A Special Scalamandre Giveaway

Anonymous said...

We love Matthew! So exciting to see his amazing Georgetown home featured. -Kaitlyn

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sneak peak. Spent some time looking through the photos on Niches facebook page. Love his style. It's right up my alley!

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Love it and now I am off to reframe all of my family photos,LOL!

carolyn bradford said...

Ok, you had me from "Southern Transitional" but you got me with the three legged table! Fabulous! Can't wait to read more about him! Loved this post!

carolyn bradford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
therelishedroost said...

I love the floating vintage photos, and the fact that he brought green back in such a cool way!!!

Sanity Fair said...

Wow - I can't wait until my issue arrives (and what's up with it always being on newsstands first these days?). That green is just fantastic.

Francine Gardner said...

This is a truly beautiful shade of green. It looks elegant, rich and up lifting.

SHERRY HART said...

Good gosh....excellent! The green is so yummy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails