Finally - sunshine in the DC area! (just had to make note of that) Above is the floor with 1 coat of BM Floor Paint over 1 coat of regular paint (both in Simply White). The 1 coat of regular paint (below) was a major uh-ho moment!
On to the Drapes:
I decided to make them myself. I know, why am I attempting that? Well, I didn't want to spend the money to have them made because I'm still worried that in a short while I'll grow tired of the floral. Also, I need to have drapes for 2 more rooms and being able to do it myself would be both satisfying and money saving.
Here I am laying out the fabric and accidentally realizing that those markings on the border help you match up the pattern. I kinda happened upon this discovery in the nick of time! Scary, right.
I'm following instructions for DIY lined drapes from House of Hepworths here. Her instructions are really easy to follow and make intuitive sense - probably why it's been pinned 340,000 times!
Here's the first panel with the 2 combined 54" widths. The center seam needs to be ironed flat but I was pretty happy with how it lined up. Let me tell you, a much better feeling than the uh-oh floor moment!
Drawing from Drapery Design
Finally, while I was feeling depressed over the floors I also started pulling together some DIY intaglios for the library/dining room.
So, I estimate I'm about a week behind my original schedule. Drapes
I'm off to check out the Week 3 progress for the other 19 bloggers in the One Room Challenge and don't forget the ORC Linking Party on Calling it Home on Thursday.
Calling it Home
Classic Casual Home
Cottage and Vine
Design Addict Mom
The English Room
The Green Room Interiors
Little Black Door
Mix And Chic
Pawleys Island Posh
The Pink Pagoda
The Vault Files