Monday, November 11, 2013

Trending: Glazed Pottery



I've been noticing more glazed pottery lately.  Have you?  I can remember as a kid back in the 70's it was very popular.  Earthy, substantial and reflective in it's own way, I'm really liking this resurgence.  

(Above image of the 2013 Hearst Designer Visions Showhouse, designer Carlos Aparicio, from Curbed, photography by Will Femia, more images here.)


Designer Kishani Perara  here


Architect Joan Dineen via New York Social Diary, photography by Jeff Hirsch


Home of Rachel Bilson and Hayeden Christensen, design by Kishani Perera, photography by Douglas Friedman  via Lonny November 2013



alex + marion ceramics via the market here


takahashi vase from etsy here - beautiful against this white washed wood.

via etsy here


peacock glazed jug from etsy here - while creating this post a few weeks ago I decided to buy this one. Just couldn't stop thinking about it.




On a more important note, today is Veteran's Day.  
Thank you for your service. 

8 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Nice looking pottery!
AND YES, REMEMBER OUR Military, today : )

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I love the look. And thank you for remembering. :)

Ashley said...

What a great collection to start growing!(and definitely an important day to acknowledge the sacrifices of our veterans)

Unknown said...

I have recently become a fan of glazed pottery. It's about time.

therelishedroost said...

Love Glazed pottery, it looks so great mixed in on shelves etc.. really nice pics here!!!

Karena said...

I just love all of these beautiful glazes a true art form!!

xoxo
Karena
Feature: "House Proud"

An Urban Cottage said...

I adore handmade pottery and I have quite the bowl fetish. There's nothing better than serving food in a piece of artwork. The only problem is because this is artwork you're using, they occasionally get broken.
I'm thrilled if it's making a comeback.

Unknown said...

Yes, I agree it is gaining popularity again. Bethany dusted off some of my own pots from my basement for use in our Powder Room makeover thinking they are so great, when I had really forgotten about them.
Thanks for remembering our military.
xo Nancy

















LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails