Tuesday, February 11, 2014

My Recent Ikea Buys (including the store model)


Have you ever bought the store model at Ikea?  An Ikea staff person saw me searching for the white version of the Ranarp Work Lamp but there were none to be had.  After I lamented the fact they were sold out, she offered to let me buy the floor model.  I didn't know Ikea did that!  They fill out a special slip of paper that you take with you to the register.   They were also out of the Ranarp clap spotlight but I really didn't need that one…  Love these lamps with the brass and black & white cording - kinda have a nautical vibe to them.



Also picked up a pair of theses Knivig sconces - which can either hold a candle or flowers in the glass tube.  They first caught my eye when I saw them in a post by elliven studio's visit to the 2014 Interior Design Show in Toronto.  The vase portion looks like lucite.

If you've somehow avoided seeing the 2014 Toronto Interior Design Show Ikea kitchen and bathroom so far, you're in for a treat - more here.

5 comments:

Karena said...

Great sconces, Michele I love the design!
xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Thanks for the info, did not know Ikea sells their floor models. Really cool looking sconces, enjoy your new buys.
Vera

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

um - those sconces are amazing! i first wrote 'scones' -- must have breakfast on the brain. thanks for the intro!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Those sconces are killer. Truly.

Brandi said...

I was just in IKEA last week and tried to buy the gold sconce that is to the left of the one you purchased. I wanted it bad! The store associate almost sold me the floor model, but turns out they were sold out not discontinued. Now I'm kinda happy I didn't get it because I think I love yours even more. Off to IKEA I go!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails