Friday, March 28, 2014

High End Design Book - Now a Bargain!



When Inspired Styles came out in 2007 I wanted to buy it so badly but the $60 price tag always had be putting it back on the shelf and choosing another one in the $30 - $40 range.  Well, last month I thought about it again and was thrilled to find used copies on Amazon starting at 15.99!  



Inspired Styles features the work of 15 top-notch designers with large, luscious photography and pages devoted (like the book cover shot) to places and objects that inspire their work.  The designs are classic and 7 years after its publication date, I'm happy to finally add it to my collection.  Here's just a few images from the book:


Suzanne Rheinstein


Alexa Hampton



Eric Cohler

And, speaking of Eric Cohler, I thumbed through a friend's copy of Cohler on Design the other day and I'm adding it to my must-get-soon list.    So, any design books currently on your list or any book bargains you've found lately?  Hope you have a great weekend!  Michele 


6 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Thanks for this, I've been looking for new book recommendations.

Kathy said...

I've just bought "Luggala Days" the story of Guiness House-not a design book per say, but a "home" book with beautiful interior and exterior shots-plus the intriguing family members....and..."William Yeoward at Home"....He, who designs the crystal that I'll never afford.
These 2 should keep me occupied for the weekend and beyond...and have definitely broken my "homes book" budget for the next few months!

therelishedroost said...

I have Cohler on Design and I LOVE it but this other one I think I will let me addiction take over and order that too!! I have so many design books I am running out of places to stack them!

Karena said...

Michele I must get this! Recently Jennifer Boles wrote about Briger and Briger's Comfortable and Joyous Homes; so I was able to snatch it up at a great price at Amazon!

xoxo
Karena
Artist William Glackens

Carla Aston said...

Thanks for sharing this. I just bought Alexa Hampton's new book and can't wait to dig into it.

vicki archer said...

Fantastic news that you got such a great price, it's a great book…Enjoy!…xv

http://vickiarcher.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails