Friday, May 1, 2015

My Family Room: Before & After


Let's start with the After of my family room  - since the rescue by EasyPaint!  You'll remember from my last post I talked about the generous offer from EasyPaint to have a complimentary room painted and how easy the online process was to submit the request and schedule a time.  I am so HAPPY with how it all turned out -  it really feels like a new room!  As you can see from the Before pictures below, my DIY paint job was splotchy, the french doors contrasted too strongly with the walls and it was jammed with too much furniture, mostly lined up along the walls.   I was probably subconsciously pulling in all that stuff in an attempt to draw attention away from the wall and ceiling situation.
BEFORE


AFTER (below)

Now, I'm so happy looking at the walls and ceiling that I've delayed hanging any art!  


The existing furniture has been rearranged with one area centered around the TV and the other sofa providing an additional seating and viewing vantage.  It still allows straight access from the back patio through the family room into the kitchen.  Too bad I didn't think of that ten years ago!







The now beautiful, smooth walls and ceiling are Benjamin Moore Classic Gray, the trim is 50% Classic Gray and the doors are BM Chelsea Gray.  Can I tell you absolutely love Chelsea Gray - such a soft and complex gray.

OK, Now back to the BEFORE


Just to give you more of an idea of how much this room as been transformed by EasyPaint, let's look at a few Before Close-Ups.  Here's the largest ceiling crack in all its glory...

and the wavy, uneven finish on the rest of the ceiling. A LOT of prep work went into this room - 1 full day +.




You can even check-out this short 30 second video clip Luis and his crew filmed outlining the prep-work.  I've heard that 80% of the success of a great paint job is the attention to the prep-work and now I believe it.  You'll also notice what a great job they did sealing off the room from the rest of the house and covering the furniture that was too large to easily move out.


Back to the AFTER



In the next few weeks I'll be bringing in new artwork and pillows in charcoal and camel mohair to tie-in the furniture in a more cohesive way. My goal is to be restrained and give the room breathing space.  This room feels so much better now!



My experience with EasyPaint  was wonderful and the resulting finished room is so well done!  If you live in the DC/MD/VA area and are contemplating a room you need painted, don't hesitate to request a proposal from them.  It only takes 5 minutes online and EasyPaint crews are certified, licensed, background checked and have at least five years of happy customers. (Head here to read more about the process)

13 comments:

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Looks great -always good to try new arrangements too. I Just love your house -hope you guys are very happy with your 'new' family room!

Karena said...

Michele, I am so impressed with this light and bright look. When you add your paintings (I love the small seascape)and pillows it will just finish the design beautifully! Love that gorgeous gray paint!!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Giveaway from The Enchanted Home!

therelishedroost said...

Bright and airy love it and that sofa- Schumacher Fabric? K

whalingcitycottage said...

Wow - a huge difference. It's peaceful and gorgeous.

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Looks gorgeous, bright and airy. Like your new furniture arrangement.
xo,
Vera

Connie in Hartwood said...

I have been anxiously awaiting your reveal of the new family room paint job. This is fabulous!! I love the new color and look, and the new furniture arrangement looks like it will work really well. Nicely done, Michele!

Champagne on Tuesdays said...

Beautiful! The color is just lovely and I adore the piece you have under your television.

Champagne on Tuesdays said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Champagne on Tuesdays said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Champagne on Tuesdays said...

Deleted repeat comments. Not sure what happened... sorry!

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Michele, looks stunning! Great job! Love keeping up with your blog! Have a great week, Jamie Herzlinger

Unknown said...

I am thrilled for you Michele, it looks fabulous! They are at my house today and I can't wait to see how it turns out- I too have a lot of drywall issues. What a generous offer that Easy Paint gave us!! Xo Nancy

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Love the room, and those high ceilings are a fantastic feature.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails