Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Host Site for 2012 DC Design House Chosen & Eye Candy

The host site for the 2012 DC Design House was announced yesterday and it's a stately Colonial located at 4951 Rockwood Parkway NW in Spring Valley. You can view the current listing here. This looks like it's going to be a great one! (Thank you Mathew for giving me the heads up!)
Jura Koncius of The Washington Post tweeted that the Bare Bones tour is scheduled for Feb 25th. I'm sorry to miss it although my consolation is that I'm going to be in St. John Virgin Islands. It's been really cold here today...
For a little eye candy: Something about the finish on these end tables and their slightly askew placement makes this room for me. Design by Jillian Pritchard Cook from Veranda here.

10 comments:

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Look forward to seeing more, Michele.
I LOVE this room too.
Have a great week.
Teresa
xoxo

Party Resources said...

What fun and thanks for the sneak peek!

Pigtown*Design said...

spring valley is a great little neighbourhood.

Gwen Driscoll said...

Ok, officially jealous...St. John's? But SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Happy New Year!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I just saw this house a few weeks ago on an open house! It needs a lot of work but has a LOT Of space -it's huge!! Can't wait to see who is selected to work on it!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Looks like some fun potential... We went to St. John's on our honeymoon. It's warm here in so, California but I would love to go back!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

ps -did you see the wash post put up pics of the design house but didn't mention they were the 'befores'. The comment section SHREDDED the house! Talk about oops!

Hello Lover... said...

Such an amazing space to start with - I cannot wait to see what they do to it!

CHH said...

In St. John: Make sure you have a hamburger at Skinny Legs....if you need some more ideas and have never been before, e-mail me....It is my favorite place on Earth and I just got back.
Have a wonderful time.
cindyhaygood@perfectlypolished.com

Greet Lefèvre said...

Dear Michele,
How are you?!! Oh I am so sorry to not visit you often!! But I wish I could subscribe by email to your blog so that I would not miss anyone of your posts!!
Wish you a Happy New Year!!
Warm hugs,
Greet

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails