Friday, January 6, 2012

From the Stacks: Quiet Ambience

Nov 2003 Traditional Home - The first two images are from the home of British designer Emily Todhunter and the conservatory is from the home of Jeremy Hackett. They stood out to me as designs that create a quiet, calming atmosphere.
Photography above by Colleen Duffley, image below by Francis Hammond.
Hope you have a great weekend - calming or otherwise, depending on your preference!

p.s. - thanks for all the lovely comments about my son's acceptance into MassArt

10 comments:

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I just love the old images. Reminds me of when my children were younger. We tended to be a little more tedious about decoration then.
Have a nice weekend, Michele.
Teresa
xoxo

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to a calm weekend!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I'll go with "calming". Kind of fits this winter lull!

Hope your weekend is exactly as you wish!
xo Elizabeth

Karena said...

Michele I love the art in the first image; really beautiful. I am all for Calm right now!

Do come and join my Giveaway from Serena & Lily!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Unknown said...

I ahhhdore the petit sunroom with a dinning table.. perfect dahhling!

Unknown said...

It really helps to see what stands the test of time, doesn't it? Love that garden room.

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

btw, Michele-
Just saw you piece in this issue of Matchbook Magazine! Congratulations!
Matchbookmag.com
Teresa
xoxo

Special 'K' said...

I love the mantel the posies are adorable, the fire divine. Thanks for sharing. I will follow on my way out and hope you can find the time to come visit me and do the same. I look forward to engaging throughout twenty twelve with you. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Michelle said...

Uh, love that patio so much! Perfection!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

That sun room is gorgeous...love the herringbone birck patio too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails