Monday, June 25, 2012

A Corfu Inspired Bedroom in London

Nine years ago my husband and I stayed at the Blakes Hotel while in London for our 15th anniversary. Designed by Anouska Hempel, each room is different. For our stay we were in a room with dark woods and deep colors of claret and ink blue (post here). Recently the Corfu suite, featured on the blog Hotel Belle Annie Fitzsimmons, caught my eye with its beautiful, white and breezy feel.

On another note, thank you to all of you who commented about my son's graduation from high school. I was so suprised to pull up my blog a few days later to find so many comments. It was a wonderful day and since I finally gave in and bought a new computer (Mac Air) I'll plan to post a few pics at the end of the week.

14 comments:

Boxwood Terrace said...

Love this! All the white, the lighting, floors, everything.
Deborah

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful!

I wonder if the room has a copy of Gerald Durrell's book, My Family And Other Animals, in the room. We read that book as a family last year about Gerald's adventure growing up on the island of Corfu, Greece.

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I LOVE my Mac and know that you will too! Let me know how you lie it.
These images are beautiful. What a lovely room to relax in.
Happy Monday, Michele.
Teresa
xoxo

Anonymous said...

The colors and textures in this room are gorgeous...that dresser is just stunning! Thanks for sharing :)

debra @ 5th and state said...

i adore this room, everything, and that bed looks so cozy
can't wait to see the photo's michele
debra

Elisabeths Borg said...

OMG!!! That was a beautiful suite.

Unknown said...

This decor looks so breezy, cool, comfy and dreamy! Mac Air! lucky him! what a perfect gift.
Have a great week.
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Party Resources said...

I lived in London and it still one of my favorite cities! Glad graduation went well! xx

Carla Aston said...

Beautiful. I love that chest and white linens are always so fresh.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I have a macbook air, too. Going to London next week!

Paula said...

A beautiful room - and yes, it's a fabulous hotel!
Paula x

Jenah Martin said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I'm taking note, as we're planning a trip to London next June with our boys. Maybe it's all the Olympic and Jubilee excitement, but they are also at the perfect age for castles and the changing of the guards. But, mama needs a nice place to lay her head.

Checking this out!
xoxo Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST:) Your blog is so wonderful and Im following...I hope you follow me also:)

If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my new post:)

Have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(sweden)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails