Thursday, November 27, 2014

From Trunk to Table - our Thanksgiving



On our trip up to central NY a few weeks ago, we loaded up on the very best apples, potatoes, cabbages, squash, maple syrup, and cider in preparation for Thanksgiving.  Our first stop was Pryputniewiczs Farm in Paris Hill NY - the same place my husband's mom would get her potatoes. 






The maple syrup and cider came from The Cider Mill in Clinton.  Many, many years ago my husband went there when he was 4 for a tour of this very same cider press and had cider and a donut for a treat.


Wolfing down our treats, warm donuts and the best half moon cookies!!



This syrup is from Cooks in Waterville, NY, Dan's hometown.  I LOVE NY.

Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!  xo Michele



4 comments:

Karena said...

An amazing array of Thanksgiving goodness to enjoy with your family!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Michele!!
xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Studio Yuko Jones said...

I love that you got all the fresh ingredients from CNY! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. oxox

Thehouseofhampton said...

Living the dream! Fresh and colorful. I miss growing my veggies....
Looks beautiful, and I bet it tasted even better.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Sharon

therelishedroost said...

What a lovely tradition! THat donut looks so good, I would love one right now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails