Thursday, May 28, 2015

Twickenham Encore


Two years ago I stumbled upon the historic neighborhood of Twickenham in Huntsville  - Alabama's largest collection of  antebellum houses and home to incredible gardens.  Back last week again for work, I made a point of visiting some of the streets I didn't see in 2013.   Many of these garden shots are from rambling down the most idyllic lane (Bannister's Alley) where I felt like I was a part of a  magical movie set but all the better, as it's real.   I know that sounds corny but the experience was a joy.










Bronze gardener statue





A basket of flowers on the fence - a great idea.









 A home in the midst of remodeling/construction - absolutely no McCrapshions in this neighborhood.



For the historic homes I saw in 2013 head here and here for more incredible gardens - all pinterest worthy!

8 comments:

Karena said...

Michele this is such a beautiful historic area and still so serene.

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Coco Chanel

ArchitectDesign™ said...

wow -what a wonderful looking place -i'm so glad it exists!

Lissy Parker said...

Michele, This is so very charming—a little slice of England. Thanks for the info.
xo, lissy

therelishedroost said...

Simply gorgeous!!

Katherine said...

With a canopy of tree's and lush foliage around it all, you just couldn't imagine anyone building anything else. It's really timeless and lovely.

Thehouseofhampton said...

I'm a little behind in my reading and so glad I didn't miss this post. What an exquisite neighborhood. Charm, history, and amazing grounds. Thanks for photos!!!
Sharon
The House of Hampton

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Such a beautiful place. I am in Birmingham, which is not far way.
Thank you for sharing the pictures.
Teresa
xoxo

Far Hills Florist said...

Thank you for posting such beautiful garden shots. So inspiring!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails