Thursday, October 8, 2015

BM Color of the Year: Surprise!!



Benjamin Moore's 2016 Color of the Year is Simply White - OC-117.  WOW, that was a complete surprise to me and I love it!   Most of the walls in my lower level are painted Simply White (paired with a paneled wall area in Farrow & Ball Stone Blue) and it's a crisp, fresh white that still feels warm and looks great in both the day and evening.

In the promo video they used descriptors such as purity and honesty (wouldn't we all love more of that in our world right now?) and culminated with this thought, "Why not white?"   Tell me what you think, are you as supportive of their choice as I am?





7 comments:

Burlap Luxe said...

Big supporter of white here and lots of BM paint has been used around our home.... I have a white painted floor in my home and with the floor flowing up to the walls it makes for a perfect calming feeling for any of my furnishings in the room.
Love the post, and does not surprise me that more and more buyers and designers are leaning white, it's such a peaceful authentic pure and good move in the right direction of a canvas for ones home.

Wonderful post, and inspiring.

Xx
Dore

Karena said...

Elegant, classic and so wonderful to decorate around!!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Artist Lee Bowers

Katherine said...

I painted the whole interior of my house in BM Oxford White. It is perfect in any light, any time of the day - not harsh, no yellow undertone. The white brings out our furniture and artwork, it looks so elegant.

Squeak said...

Wow, is it that time of year again? It seems like only 10 minutes ago someone was announcing the Color of the Year! Unlike previous Colors of the Year, this one sounds like one that "real" people actually use/will use. Bravo!

Ivy Lane said...

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Pope's visit to America!

Love the choice. Clean, fresh and calm.....

xo,

Ivy

My Notting Hill said...

Ivy - interesting insight!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

LOVE love white!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails