Monday, November 30, 2015

Christmas Decorating - Focus on a Few Things


This is strange -  usually after Thankgiving I already feel not ready behind for Christmas but not this year.  I'm actually excited to put some thought into it and try to come up with a more cohesive approach than in years past.  That doesn't mean  I'm going to do more but hopefully do a few things that pack-a-punch,  decorate earlier and enjoy it longer. Love the pineapple on this newell post!

All the inspiration here is from designers Betsy Berner and Tara Sutphin of Berner Sutphin Designs and work they did for  holiday house tours in years past.   In this room I spot 2 things that make a huge statement:  a large wreath with a ribbon in an eye-catching color and three potted narcissus.

More wreaths on windows and large ornaments down a runner.  Great reminder that dining tables could be set now and left out to be enjoyed all month.





The classic swag on the stairs and wrapped presents.  That's encouragement to wrap some early purchases now - instead of that last-minute wrapping at 1 am.  I always under estimate how long wrapping takes!



Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!








5 comments:

Connie in Hartwood said...

Amen on everything you said! I'm rethinking my own Christmas decorating, evaluating current stuff, rearranging things a bit, and hoping to simplify and enjoy it more.

Underestimating wrapping time is a universal oversight.

Anonymous said...

What pretty Christmas decorations! We have simplified this year as well. I am leaning toward having more greenery and less "things." I love the green of the ribbon - pretty!

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

All of your photos fill my heart with appreciation and bliss. I adore the starry lights with the timers and use them with great appreciation. I don't know why but somewhere in my heart and desires a simplistic Christmas is what I crave and need this year. Thank you Michele for your posts as they are the direction I am headed.
xoxo,
Vera

Mary Ann Pickett said...

NICE!!! I'm read to get going and enjoy it!

jenna said...

Very nice choices!

Arts and crafts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails