Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A Great Room Kitchen


One of the things that really stood out at the 2015 Southern Living Idea House was the combination kitchen with eat-at island and full sized dining area.  I know this isn't a new concept but what struck me was that the dining area really felt like a full-sized dining room versus just a space for a table. Since there was no formal dining room in the house, this space does double-duty for casual gatherings and more formal dinners.



The kitchen had a wall of windows that made the space feel even more expansive.  The cooktop was in front of the windows - guess that would work best for a neat cook.  (I have visions of bubbling spaghetti sauce spattering)







The dining room also has a tv for mixed in with art.








6 comments:

jenna said...

Very nice sets and decoration in the kitchen!

Unique arts and crafts

Connie in Hartwood said...

I said the same thing when I saw the stove by the windows. :)

home before dark said...

I am absolutely baffled by the gas cooktop no hood and under windows. Looks unsafe to me! Just shows you what looks good doesn't always work good.

Karena said...

Love all of the windows and the lighting Michele!!
The cooktop is curious!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Books for the Holidays!

Unknown said...

it looks like you are in a 5 star hotel
Why not see House Cleaning Sacramento Company

Debbie said...

I don't know - I would think cleaning up windows would be as easy as cleaning up a more traditional backsplash. Am I missing something? And I would LOVE to look out a window while cooking, especially something that needs constant monitoring.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails